Up to top level
AO15   AO16   AO17   AO18   AO19   Backgrounds   Calibration   Conference   Data   Docs   EPICMOS   EPICpn   Feedback   Gallery   Misc   OM   Pending   PhD_Theses   Publications   RGS   RadMonitor   SAS_Hardware   SAS_WS   SASv16.0   SASv16.0_Installation   SASv16.1   SASv16.1_Installation   SASv17.0   SASv17.0_Installation   SASv18.0   SASv18.0_Installation   SciSim   Simulators_other   Suggestions   Trash   Visibility   XMM-bouncing   XMM-news   XRPS   XSA   esas   incoming  

Logged in as guest

Viewing Publications/80600
Full headers

From: matt.griffin@astro.cf.ac.uk
Subject: Use of figures from Users' Handbook
Compose reply
Download message
Move To:
3 replies: 1 2 3
3 followups: 1 2 3

Private message: yes  no

Notes:

Notification:


Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 22:41:00 GMT
From: matt.griffin@astro.cf.ac.uk
To: xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int
CC: matt.griffin@astro.cf.ac.uk
Subject: Use of figures from Users' Handbook
Full_Name: Matt Griffin
Submission from: (NULL) (81.154.245.120)


I would like to reproduce the following figures from the 
XMM-Newton Users' Handbook (v2.14) in a textbook on 
Astronomical Instrumentation, to be published by Taylor 
& Francis.

Fig. 1
Fig. 3
Fig. 12
Fig. 81

Can you let me know if formal permission is needed, and
also what acknowledgement text would be appropriate?

Thanks in advance,

Matt Griffin


Reply 1

Resend
From: Jacobo Ebrero <xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int>
To: matt.griffin@astro.cf.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Use of figures from Users' Handbook (PR#80600)
Date: Mon Dec 26 11:13:16 2016
Dear Matt,

I may need to check whether an special permission is required for this. However,
most of the staff is on leave during these days, so I cannot provide you with an
answer until the first week of January.

I will get back to you as soon as I receive some feedback.

Best regards,
Jacobo
----------------------
Dr. Jacobo Ebrero
XMM-Newton SOC
User Support Group


Followup 1

Compose reply
Download message
Subject: Re: Use of figures from Users' Handbook (PR#80600)
To: Jacobo Ebrero <xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int>
From: Matt Griffin <Matt.Griffin@astro.cf.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2016 14:14:59 +0000
Thanks Jacobo - first week of January will, be fine for me.

Best wishes,

Matt

============================================================

> Dear Matt,
>
> I may need to check whether an special permission is required for this.
However,
> most of the staff is on leave during these days, so I cannot provide you
with an
> answer until the first week of January.
>
> I will get back to you as soon as I receive some feedback.
>
> Best regards,
> Jacobo
> ----------------------
> Dr. Jacobo Ebrero
> XMM-Newton SOC
> User Support Group
>
> This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee
or addressees only.
> The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole
or in part) of its
> content is not permitted.
> If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete
it from your system.
> Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the
sender.
>
> Please consider the environment before printing this email.
>
>


-- 
Professor Matt Griffin            Tel: +44 (0)29 2087 4203
Head of School                    Fax: +44 (0)29 2087 4056
School of Physics and Astronomy   email: matt.griffin@astro.cf.ac.uk
Cardiff University                PA: Glesni Lloyd
The Parade                        Tel: +44 (0)29 2087 4785
Cardiff CF24 3AA                  email: lloydgw@cardiff.ac.uk
United Kingdom



Reply 2

Resend
From: Jacobo Ebrero <xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int>
To: Matt.Griffin@astro.cf.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Use of figures from Users' Handbook (PR#80600)
Date: Tue Jan 10 12:13:17 2017
Dear Matt,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. After some consultations I have
been told that no special permissions are needed to use the figures in the
User's Handbook, as long as they are appropriately credited.

The figures may be credited as ESA/XMM-Newton SOC, and the manual itself may be
referenced as:

"XMM-Newton Users Handbook", Issue 2.14, 2016 (ESA: XMM-Newton SOC)

We would also like to ask you, once the textbook is published, to send us the
ISBN number or a similar reference so that we can keep track of the publications
that make use of XMM-Newton material.

Best regards,
Jacobo
----------------------
Dr. Jacobo Ebrero
XMM-Newton SOC
User Support Group


Followup 2

Compose reply
Download message
From: Matt Griffin <Matt.Griffin@astro.cf.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Use of figures from Users' Handbook (PR#80600)
To: Jacobo Ebrero <xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 21:33:25 +0000
Dear Jacobo,

Thanks very much for that.  I shall reference the Handbook accordingly.

I'll also let you know the ISBN when it comes out.

Best wishes,

Matt

=====================================================================

On 10/01/2017 12:13, Jacobo Ebrero wrote:
> Dear Matt,
>
> Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. After some consultations I
have
> been told that no special permissions are needed to use the figures in the
> User's Handbook, as long as they are appropriately credited.
>
> The figures may be credited as ESA/XMM-Newton SOC, and the manual itself
may be
> referenced as:
>
> "XMM-Newton Users Handbook", Issue 2.14, 2016 (ESA: XMM-Newton SOC)
>
> We would also like to ask you, once the textbook is published, to send us
the
> ISBN number or a similar reference so that we can keep track of the
publications
> that make use of XMM-Newton material.
>
> Best regards,
> Jacobo
> ----------------------
> Dr. Jacobo Ebrero
> XMM-Newton SOC
> User Support Group
>
> This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee
or addressees only.
> The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole
or in part) of its
> content is not permitted.
> If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete
it from your system.
> Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the
sender.
>
> Please consider the environment before printing this email.
>
>


-- 
Professor Matt Griffin            Tel: +44 (0)29 2087 4203
Head of School                    Fax: +44 (0)29 2087 4056
School of Physics and Astronomy   email: matt.griffin@astro.cf.ac.uk
Cardiff University                PA: Glesni Lloyd
The Parade                        Tel: +44 (0)29 2087 4785
Cardiff CF24 3AA                  email: lloydgw@cardiff.ac.uk
United Kingdom

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or
addressees only.
The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or
in part) of its
content is not permitted.
If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it
from your system.
Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.

Please consider the environment before printing this email.




Reply 3

Resend
From: Jacobo Ebrero <xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int>
To: Matt.Griffin@astro.cf.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Use of figures from Users' Handbook (PR#80600)
Date: Fri Jan 13 09:34:34 2017
Dear Matt,

Just an update - Fig. 1 of the User's Handbook is also present in the XMM Image
Gallery:

http://www.cosmos.esa.int/web/xmm-newton/image-gallery

and it has to be credited as follows:

Image courtesy of Dornier Satellitensysteme GmbH and ESA.

For the rest, it may be credited as I mentioned in my previous email.

Kind regards,
Jacobo
----------------------
Dr. Jacobo Ebrero
XMM-Newton SOC
User Support Group


Followup 3

Compose reply
Download message
Subject: Re: Use of figures from Users' Handbook (PR#80600)
To: Jacobo Ebrero <xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int>
From: Matt Griffin <Matt.Griffin@astro.cf.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 21:41:55 +0000
Thanks Jacobo -I'll include that credit text too.

Best wishes,

Matt

==================================================

> Dear Matt,
>
> Just an update - Fig. 1 of the User's Handbook is also present in the XMM
Image
> Gallery:
>
> http://www.cosmos.esa.int/web/xmm-newton/image-gallery
>
> and it has to be credited as follows:
>
> Image courtesy of Dornier Satellitensysteme GmbH and ESA.
>
> For the rest, it may be credited as I mentioned in my previous email.
>
> Kind regards,
> Jacobo
> ----------------------
> Dr. Jacobo Ebrero
> XMM-Newton SOC
> User Support Group
>
> This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee
or addressees only.
> The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole
or in part) of its
> content is not permitted.
> If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete
it from your system.
> Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the
sender.
>
> Please consider the environment before printing this email.
>
>


Up to top level
AO15   AO16   AO17   AO18   AO19   Backgrounds   Calibration   Conference   Data   Docs   EPICMOS   EPICpn   Feedback   Gallery   Misc   OM   Pending   PhD_Theses   Publications   RGS   RadMonitor   SAS_Hardware   SAS_WS   SASv16.0   SASv16.0_Installation   SASv16.1   SASv16.1_Installation   SASv17.0   SASv17.0_Installation   SASv18.0   SASv18.0_Installation   SciSim   Simulators_other   Suggestions   Trash   Visibility   XMM-bouncing   XMM-news   XRPS   XSA   esas   incoming  

Logged in as guest


Please make your (short) question the subject of your request!


Web interface using JitterBug ... back to the XMM home page