Up to top level
AO15   AO16   AO17   AO18   AO19   Backgrounds   Calibration   Conference   Data   Docs   EPICMOS   EPICpn   Feedback   Gallery   Misc   OM   Pending   PhD_Theses   Publications   RGS   RadMonitor   SAS_Hardware   SAS_WS   SASv16.0   SASv16.0_Installation   SASv16.1   SASv16.1_Installation   SASv17.0   SASv17.0_Installation   SASv18.0   SASv18.0_Installation   SciSim   Simulators_other   Suggestions   Trash   Visibility   XMM-bouncing   XMM-news   XRPS   XSA   esas   incoming  

Logged in as guest

Viewing Misc/52378
Full headers

From: m.brchnelova@gmail.com
Subject: error while accumulating image for spectral products
Compose reply
Download message
Move To:
3 replies: 1 2 3
3 followups: 1 2 3

Private message: yes  no

Notes:

Notification:


Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 19:54:37 GMT
From: m.brchnelova@gmail.com
To: xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int
Cc: m.brchnelova@gmail.com
Subject: error while accumulating image for spectral products
Full_Name: Michaela Brchnelova
Submission from: (NULL) (85.237.227.57)


Dear Sir od Madam,

I would like to ask you for help with XMM SAS. I tried to accumulate an image
for the region determination in order to generate further spectral products
through xmmselect, but I received this error message:

** ::evselect: warning (DssBlockClash), Name clash while writing Data Subspace:
Block GTI00003 already exists in output data set. Renaming block to GTI00004.

I have made this analysis hundred times before, using the same cleaned EPIC
event list, but I was running ubuntu 10.04 while now I have ubuntu 12.10. The
only difference that I found was libXaw - there is no libXaw8 available for
ubuntu 12.10 (64bit), so I had to create symbolic link to libXaw7 in /usr/lib.
Could this be my problem? Is there anything I can do besides changing my OS?

Thank you very much for help,
With best regards,

Michaela Brchnelov.
m.brchnelova@gmail.com


Reply 1

Resend
From: Anna Lia Longinotti <xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int>
To: m.brchnelova@gmail.com
Subject: Re: error while accumulating image for spectral products (PR#52378)
Date: Tue Jun 18 09:55:11 2013
Dear Michaela, 

can you let us know which version of SAS are you using? 
Many thanks 
Anna Lia


> Full_Name: Michaela Brchnelova
> Submission from: (NULL) (85.237.227.57)
> 
> 
> Dear Sir od Madam,
> 
> I would like to ask you for help with XMM SAS. I tried to accumulate an
image
> for the region determination in order to generate further spectral
products
> through xmmselect, but I received this error message:
> 
> ** ::evselect: warning (DssBlockClash), Name clash while writing Data
Subspace:
> Block GTI00003 already exists in output data set. Renaming block to
GTI00004.
> 
> I have made this analysis hundred times before, using the same cleaned
EPIC
> event list, but I was running ubuntu 10.04 while now I have ubuntu 12.10.
The
> only difference that I found was libXaw - there is no libXaw8 available
for
> ubuntu 12.10 (64bit), so I had to create symbolic link to libXaw7 in
/usr/lib.
> Could this be my problem? Is there anything I can do besides changing my
OS?
> 
> Thank you very much for help,
---------------------------------------
Anna Lia Longinotti
XMM-Newton Science Operations Centre
ESAC
---------------------------------------


Followup 1

Compose reply
Download message
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:58:48 +0200
Subject: Re: error while accumulating image for spectral products (PR#52378)
From: Michaela Brchnelova <m.brchnelova@gmail.com>
To: Anna Lia Longinotti <xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int>
--001a11c3c202710d6304df6ac2c1
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Dear Miss Longinotti,

I am running 12.0.1, originally for openSUSE11.2 64 bit

Thanks,
Michaela


On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Anna Lia Longinotti <
xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int> wrote:

> Dear Michaela,
>
> can you let us know which version of SAS are you using?
> Many thanks
> Anna Lia
>
>
> > Full_Name: Michaela Brchnelova
> > Submission from: (NULL) (85.237.227.57)
> >
> >
> > Dear Sir od Madam,
> >
> > I would like to ask you for help with XMM SAS. I tried to accumulate
an
> image
> > for the region determination in order to generate further spectral
> products
> > through xmmselect, but I received this error message:
> >
> > ** ::evselect: warning (DssBlockClash), Name clash while writing Data
> Subspace:
> > Block GTI00003 already exists in output data set. Renaming block to
> GTI00004.
> >
> > I have made this analysis hundred times before, using the same cleaned
> EPIC
> > event list, but I was running ubuntu 10.04 while now I have ubuntu
> 12.10. The
> > only difference that I found was libXaw - there is no libXaw8
available
> for
> > ubuntu 12.10 (64bit), so I had to create symbolic link to libXaw7 in
> /usr/lib.
> > Could this be my problem? Is there anything I can do besides changing
my
> OS?
> >
> > Thank you very much for help,
> ---------------------------------------
> Anna Lia Longinotti
> XMM-Newton Science Operations Centre
> ESAC
> ---------------------------------------
>
> This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee
> or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or
> copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If
> you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it
> from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be
> guaranteed by the sender.
>
> Please consider the environment before printing this email.
>
>

--001a11c3c202710d6304df6ac2c1
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Dear Miss
Longinotti,<div><br></div><div style>I am runnin=
g 12.0.1, originally for openSUSE11.2 64 bit</div><div
style><br></div><div=
 style>Thanks,</div><div
style>Michaela</div></div><div class=3D"gmail_extr=
a">
<br><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at
11:55 AM, Anna L=
ia Longinotti <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a
href=3D"mailto:xmmhelp@sciops.esa.in=
t" target=3D"_blank">xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int</a>&gt;</span>
wrote:<br><block=
quote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc=
 solid;padding-left:1ex">
Dear Michaela,<br>
<br>
can you let us know which version of SAS are you using?<br>
Many thanks<br>
Anna Lia<br>
<br>
<br>
&gt; Full_Name: Michaela Brchnelova<br>
&gt; Submission from: (NULL) (85.237.227.57)<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Dear Sir od Madam,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I would like to ask you for help with XMM SAS. I tried to accumulate a=
n image<br>
&gt; for the region determination in order to generate further spectral pro=
ducts<br>
&gt; through xmmselect, but I received this error message:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; ** ::evselect: warning (DssBlockClash), Name clash while writing
Data<=
br>
Subspace:<br>
&gt; Block GTI00003 already exists in output data set. Renaming block to GT=
I00004.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I have made this analysis hundred times before, using the same cleaned=
 EPIC<br>
&gt; event list, but I was running ubuntu 10.04 while now I have ubuntu 12.=
10. The<br>
&gt; only difference that I found was libXaw - there is no libXaw8 availabl=
e for<br>
&gt; ubuntu 12.10 (64bit), so I had to create symbolic link to libXaw7
in<b=
r>
/usr/lib.<br>
&gt; Could this be my problem? Is there anything I can do besides changing =
my OS?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Thank you very much for help,<br>
---------------------------------------<br>
Anna Lia Longinotti<br>
XMM-Newton Science Operations Centre<br>
ESAC<br>
---------------------------------------<br>
<div class=3D"HOEnZb"><div class=3D"h5"><br>
This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee =
or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copy=
ing (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you re=
ceived this message in error, p

Message of length 5354 truncated


Reply 2

Resend
From: Anna Lia Longinotti <xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int>
To: m.brchnelova@gmail.com
Subject: Re: error while accumulating image for spectral products (PR#52378)
Date: Tue Jun 18 11:53:56 2013
Dear Michaela, 

thanks for sending the additional information. Could you please clarify if
xmmselect stops or if it gets to the end of the processing? 
From the warning that you get it doesn't look like there is an error, the
warning issued by SAS is simply telling that the block has been renamed, and in
principle it shouldn't prevent SAS to keep running. 

Many thanks
Anna Lia
 
 
> Dear Miss Longinotti,
> 
> I am running 12.0.1, originally for openSUSE11.2 64 bit
> 
> Thanks,
> Michaela
> 
> 
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Anna Lia Longinotti <
> xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int> wrote:
> 
>> Dear Michaela,
>>
>> can you let us know which version of SAS are you using?
>> Many thanks
>> Anna Lia
>>
---------------------------------------
Anna Lia Longinotti
XMM-Newton Science Operations Centre
ESAC
---------------------------------------


Followup 2

Compose reply
Download message
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:35:42 +0200
Subject: Re: error while accumulating image for spectral products (PR#52378)
From: Michaela Brchnelova <m.brchnelova@gmail.com>
To: Anna Lia Longinotti <xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int>
--001a11c3fdb68a288c04df6cf376
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Hello,

it shows an error message that the image could not be loaded for region
determination because of the error, then it stops working and afterwards it
is even not possible to open that image individually with ds9 or fv.

Thanks again,
Michaela


On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Anna Lia Longinotti <xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int
> wrote:

> Dear Michaela,
>
> thanks for sending the additional information. Could you please clarify if
> xmmselect stops or if it gets to the end of the processing?
> From the warning that you get it doesn't look like there is an error, the
> warning issued by SAS is simply telling that the block has been renamed,
> and in
> principle it shouldn't prevent SAS to keep running.
>
> Many thanks
> Anna Lia
>
>
> > Dear Miss Longinotti,
> >
> > I am running 12.0.1, originally for openSUSE11.2 64 bit
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Michaela
> >
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Anna Lia Longinotti <
> > xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int> wrote:
> >
> >> Dear Michaela,
> >>
> >> can you let us know which version of SAS are you using?
> >> Many thanks
> >> Anna Lia
> >>
> ---------------------------------------
> Anna Lia Longinotti
> XMM-Newton Science Operations Centre
> ESAC
> ---------------------------------------
>
> This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee
> or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or
> copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If
> you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it
> from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be
> guaranteed by the sender.
>
> Please consider the environment before printing this email.
>
>

--001a11c3fdb68a288c04df6cf376
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hello,<div><br></div><div
style>it shows an error message =
that the image could not be loaded for region determination because of the =
error, then it stops working and afterwards it is even not possible to open=
 that image individually with ds9 or fv.</div>
<div style><br></div><div style>Thanks
again,</div><div style>Michaela</div=
></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><br><div
class=3D"gmail_quote">On Tue=
, Jun 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Anna Lia Longinotti <span
dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a hre=
f=3D"mailto:xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int" target=3D"_blank">xmmhelp@sciops.esa.in=
t</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br>
<blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1p=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Dear Michaela,<br>
<br>
thanks for sending the additional information. Could you please clarify if<=
br>
xmmselect stops or if it gets to the end of the processing?<br>
From the warning that you get it doesn&#39;t look like there is an error, t=
he<br>
warning issued by SAS is simply telling that the block has been renamed, an=
d in<br>
principle it shouldn&#39;t prevent SAS to keep running.<br>
<br>
Many thanks<br>
<span class=3D"HOEnZb"><font color=3D"#888888">Anna Lia<br>
</font></span><div class=3D"im HOEnZb"><br>
<br>
&gt; Dear Miss Longinotti,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I am running 12.0.1, originally for openSUSE11.2 64 bit<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Thanks,<br>
&gt; Michaela<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Anna Lia Longinotti
&lt;<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int">xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int</a>&g=
t; wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Dear Michaela,<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; can you let us know which version of SAS are you
using?<br>
&gt;&gt; Many thanks<br>
&gt;&gt; Anna Lia<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
</div><div class=3D"HOEnZb"><div
class=3D"h5">-----------------------------=
----------<br>
Anna Lia Longinotti<br>
XMM-Newton Science Operations Centre<br>
ESAC<br>
---------------------------------------<br>
<br>
This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee =
or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copy=
ing (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you re=
ceived this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from y=
our system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot 

Message of length 5247 truncated


Reply 3

Resend
From: Anna Lia Longinotti <xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int>
To: m.brchnelova@gmail.com
Subject: Re: error while accumulating image for spectral products (PR#52378)
Date: Tue Jun 18 12:53:46 2013
Hello Michaela, 

from your description, it seems that the image was not created in the first
place, but in order for us to assess what is going on and reproduce the problem,

please send us the exact list of commands that were run, and relative error
message. 

Many thanks
Anna Lia


> 
> Hello,
> 
> it shows an error message that the image could not be loaded for region
> determination because of the error, then it stops working and afterwards
it
> is even not possible to open that image individually with ds9 or fv.
> 
> Thanks again,
> Michaela
> 
> 
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Anna Lia Longinotti
<xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int
>> wrote:
> 
>> Dear Michaela,
>>
>> thanks for sending the additional information. Could you please clarify
if
>> xmmselect stops or if it gets to the end of the processing?
---------------------------------------
Anna Lia Longinotti
XMM-Newton Science Operations Centre
ESAC
---------------------------------------


Followup 3

Compose reply
Download message
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 09:45:47 +0200
Subject: Re: error while accumulating image for spectral products (PR#52378)
From: Michaela Brchnelova <m.brchnelova@gmail.com>
To: Anna Lia Longinotti <xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int>
--001a11c371d88f044a04df7d04b6
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Dear Ms. Longinotti,

I am sorry for interuption, I have already found my mistake and it was very
elementary I must admit. The image was genuinely created after the process,
however, it could not be loaded afterwards with xmmselect. The bug was that
one of the folders in the output image's path involved a space in its name
- xmmselect probably ignored this space when again loading the image for
region selection and therefore could not find it, because such a folder
does not exist.

Anyway, here are the commands I used:

evselect table=ImagingEvts.ds withrateset=Y rateset=rateEPIC.fits
maketimecolumn=Y timebinsize=100 makeratecolumn=Y expression='#XMMEA_EM
&&
(PI>10000) && (PATTERN==0)'

dsplot table=rateEPIC.fits x=TIME y=RATE

tabgtigen table=rateEPIC.fits expression='RATE<=0.35' gtiset=EPICgti.fits

evselect table=ImagingEvts.ds withfilteredset=Y filteredset=EPICclean.fits
destruct=Y keepfilteroutput=T expression='#XMMEA_EM &&
gti(EPICgti.fits,TIME) && (PI>150)'

xmmselect table=EPICclean.fits

// Time, X, Y
// Image, with expression "((( CCDNR in [1] && FLAG&0x766ba000==0
&& PI in
(150:) && gti(EPICclean.fits:GTI00003,TIME) ) || ( CCDNR in [2]
&&
FLAG&0x766ba000==0 && PI in (150:) &&
gti(EPICclean.fits:GTI00103,TIME) )
|| ( CCDNR in [3] && FLAG&0x766ba000==0 && PI in (150:)
&&
gti(EPICclean.fits:GTI00203,TIME) ) || ( CCDNR in [4] &&
FLAG&0x766ba000==0
&& PI in (150:) && gti(EPICclean.fits:GTI00303,TIME) ) || (
CCDNR in [5] &&
FLAG&0x766ba000==0 && PI in (150:) &&
gti(EPICclean.fits:GTI00403,TIME) )
|| ( CCDNR in [7] && FLAG&0x766ba000==0 && PI in (150:)
&&
gti(EPICclean.fits:GTI00503,TIME) )))"
//RUN

Output was, in terminal:
** ::evselect: warning (DssBlockClash), Name clash while writing Data
Subspace: Block GTI00003 already exists in output data set. Renaming block
to GTI00004.

and in window:
The image XXX could not be read; either it was does not exist or it is in
an unrecognised format

I am happy this problem is solved, sorry and thank you for your time once
again.

With best regards,
Michaela



On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Anna Lia Longinotti <xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int
> wrote:

> Hello Michaela,
>
> from your description, it seems that the image was not created in the first
> place, but in order for us to assess what is going on and reproduce the
> problem,
>
> please send us the exact list of commands that were run, and relative error
> message.
>
> Many thanks
> Anna Lia
>
>
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > it shows an error message that the image could not be loaded for
region
> > determination because of the error, then it stops working and
afterwards
> it
> > is even not possible to open that image individually with ds9 or fv.
> >
> > Thanks again,
> > Michaela
> >
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Anna Lia Longinotti <
> xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int
> >> wrote:
> >
> >> Dear Michaela,
> >>
> >> thanks for sending the additional information. Could you please
clarify
> if
> >> xmmselect stops or if it gets to the end of the processing?
> ---------------------------------------
> Anna Lia Longinotti
> XMM-Newton Science Operations Centre
> ESAC
> ---------------------------------------
>
> This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee
> or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or
> copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If
> you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it
> from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be
> guaranteed by the sender.
>
> Please consider the environment before printing this email.
>
>

--001a11c371d88f044a04df7d04b6
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div style>Dear Ms. Longinotti,</div><div
style><br></div>=
<div style>I am sorry for interuption, I have already found my mistake and
=
it was very elementary I must admit. The image was genuinely created after =
the process, however, it could not be loaded afterwards with xmmselect. The=
 bug was that one of the folders in the output image&#39;s path involved a =
space in its name - xmmselect probably ignored this space when again loadin=
g the image for region selection and therefore could not find it, because s=
uch a folder does not exist.=A0</div>
<div style><br></div><div style>Anyway, here are the
commands I used:</div>=
<sp

Message of length 14457 truncated

Up to top level
AO15   AO16   AO17   AO18   AO19   Backgrounds   Calibration   Conference   Data   Docs   EPICMOS   EPICpn   Feedback   Gallery   Misc   OM   Pending   PhD_Theses   Publications   RGS   RadMonitor   SAS_Hardware   SAS_WS   SASv16.0   SASv16.0_Installation   SASv16.1   SASv16.1_Installation   SASv17.0   SASv17.0_Installation   SASv18.0   SASv18.0_Installation   SciSim   Simulators_other   Suggestions   Trash   Visibility   XMM-bouncing   XMM-news   XRPS   XSA   esas   incoming  

Logged in as guest


Please make your (short) question the subject of your request!


Web interface using JitterBug ... back to the XMM home page