Up to top level
AO15   AO16   AO17   AO18   AO19   Backgrounds   Calibration   Conference   Data   Docs   EPICMOS   EPICpn   Feedback   Gallery   Misc   OM   Pending   PhD_Theses   Publications   RGS   RadMonitor   SAS_Hardware   SAS_WS   SASv16.0   SASv16.0_Installation   SASv16.1   SASv16.1_Installation   SASv17.0   SASv17.0_Installation   SASv18.0   SASv18.0_Installation   SciSim   Simulators_other   Suggestions   Trash   Visibility   XMM-bouncing   XMM-news   XRPS   XSA   esas   incoming  

Logged in as guest

Viewing EPICpn/35557
Full headers

From: ahicks@alum.mit.edu
Subject: Streaks in pn image
Compose reply
Download message
Move To:
2 replies: 1 2
1 followups: 1

Private message: yes  no

Notes:

Notification:


Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:48:14 GMT
From: ahicks@alum.mit.edu
To: xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int
Cc: ahicks@alum.mit.edu
Subject: Streaks in pn image
Full_Name: Amalia Hicks
Submission from: (NULL) (128.143.156.244)



Hi there,

I seem to be having a problem with bright streaks in my pn image (0.13-15 keV)
for observation 0203220101 (Abell 115).  The data was processed with epproc.  Is
there a simple way to remove these streaks?

Thanks much!
Amalia


Reply 1

Resend
From: Nora Loiseau <xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int>
To: ahicks@alum.mit.edu
Subject: Re: Streaks in pn image (PR#35557)
Date: Mon Apr 14 19:06:43 2008
Hi Amalia,

I had a look at the image directly available from XSA and I do not
notice bright streaks, I only noticed a bad column in CCD 7. Is
your image different from the PPS pipeline image?, could you send
us a figure with some mark indicating the streaks you are noticing?

Best regards,

Nora

> 
> 
> Hi there,
> 
> I seem to be having a problem with bright streaks in my pn image (0.13-15
keV)
> for observation 0203220101 (Abell 115).  The data was processed with
epproc. 
Is
> there a simple way to remove these streaks?
> 
> Thanks much!
> Amalia
> 
> ----
Dr. Nora Loiseau
XMM-Newton User Support Group


Followup 1

Compose reply
Download message
From: Amalia Hicks <ahicks@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Streaks in pn image (PR#35557)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:08:29 -0400
To: Nora Loiseau <xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int>
Dear Nora,

I think I figured it out maybe - when I cut the energy at 0.3 keV  
they go away.  What energy range does the PPS pipeline image cover?

Thanks so much!
Amalia

On 14 avr. 08, at 19:06, Nora Loiseau wrote:

> Hi Amalia,
>
> I had a look at the image directly available from XSA and I do not
> notice bright streaks, I only noticed a bad column in CCD 7. Is
> your image different from the PPS pipeline image?, could you send
> us a figure with some mark indicating the streaks you are noticing?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Nora
>
>>
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I seem to be having a problem with bright streaks in my pn image  
>> (0.13-15
> keV)
>> for observation 0203220101 (Abell 115).  The data was processed  
>> with epproc.
> Is
>> there a simple way to remove these streaks?
>>
>> Thanks much!
>> Amalia
>>
>> ----
> Dr. Nora Loiseau
> XMM-Newton User Support Group
>
> ====================================================================== 
> ==========================
> This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the  
> addressee or addressees only. The
> unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in  
> whole or in part) of its content
> is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please delete  
> it from your system and notify
> the sender. E-mails can be altered and their integrity cannot be  
> guaranteed. ESA shall not be liable
> for any e-mail if modified.
> ====================================================================== 
> ===========================
>



Reply 2

Resend
From: Nora Loiseau <xmmhelp@sciops.esa.int>
To: ahicks@alum.mit.edu
Subject: Re: Streaks in pn image (PR#35557)
Date: Thu Apr 17 16:20:19 2008
Dear Amalia,

I think the image displayed is from .2 to 12 keV, you can check it
in the header. 

I had a look that for A115 the pipeline products are:
P0203220101PNS003IMAGE_1000.FTZ
P0203220101PNS003IMAGE_2000.FTZ
P0203220101PNS003IMAGE_3000.FTZ
P0203220101PNS003IMAGE_4000.FTZ
P0203220101PNS003IMAGE_5000.FTZ
P0203220101PNS003IMAGE_8000.FTZ

In the files P0203220101PNS003IMAGE_x000.FTZ,  x indicates the band
|======|===================|
| Band | Energy Range (eV) |
|======|===================|
| 1    | 200 - 500         |
| 2    | 500 - 1000        |
| 3    | 1000 - 2000       |
| 4    | 2000 - 4500       |
| 5    | 4500 - 12000      |
| 6    | 200 - 4500        |
| 7    | 4500 - 12000      |
| 8    | 200 - 12000       |
| 9    | 500 - 4500        |
|======|===================|

This can also be seen in the headers.

Cheers,

Nora

> 
> I think I figured it out maybe - when I cut the energy at 0.3 keV  
> they go away.  What energy range does the PPS pipeline image cover?
> 
> Thanks so much!
> Amalia
> 
> On 14 avr. 08, at 19:06, Nora Loiseau wrote:
> 
>> Hi Amalia,
>>
>> I had a look at the image directly available from XSA and I do not
>> notice bright streaks, I only noticed a bad column in CCD 7. Is
>> your image different from the PPS pipeline image?, could you send
>> us a figure with some mark indicating the streaks you are noticing?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Nora
>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I seem to be having a problem with bright streaks in my pn image  
>>> (0.13-15
>> keV)
>>> for observation 0203220101 (Abell 115).  The data was processed  
>>> with epproc.
>> Is
>>> there a simple way to remove these streaks?
>>>
>>> Thanks much!
>>> Amalia
>>>
>>> ----
>> Dr. Nora Loiseau
>> XMM-Newton User Support Group
>>
>> ======================================================================

>> ==========================
>> This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the  
>> addressee or addressees only. The
>> unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in  
>> whole or in part) of its content
>> is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please delete  
>> it from your system and notify
>> the sender. E-mails can be altered and their integrity cannot be  
>> guaranteed. ESA shall not be liable
>> for any e-mail if modified.
>> ======================================================================

>> ===========================
>>
> 
> ----
Dr. Nora Loiseau
XMM-Newton User Support Group

Up to top level
AO15   AO16   AO17   AO18   AO19   Backgrounds   Calibration   Conference   Data   Docs   EPICMOS   EPICpn   Feedback   Gallery   Misc   OM   Pending   PhD_Theses   Publications   RGS   RadMonitor   SAS_Hardware   SAS_WS   SASv16.0   SASv16.0_Installation   SASv16.1   SASv16.1_Installation   SASv17.0   SASv17.0_Installation   SASv18.0   SASv18.0_Installation   SciSim   Simulators_other   Suggestions   Trash   Visibility   XMM-bouncing   XMM-news   XRPS   XSA   esas   incoming  

Logged in as guest


Please make your (short) question the subject of your request!


Web interface using JitterBug ... back to the XMM home page